The Ministry of Finance is in charge of the elaboration and implementation of the financial, budgetary, fiscal and monetary policy of the Government.
Concerning budgetary and fiscal issues, it is particularly in charge of:
- the elaboration of the draft finance bill;
- the preparation, follow-up and supervision of the implementation of the State recurrent budget, as well as the execution of the investment budget in relation with the Ministry of Economy, Planning and Regional Development (MINEPAT;)
- taxes and customs;
- the privatization and rehabilitation of public enterprises;
- the follow-up and management of State indebts, public participations, subsidies and the indebtedness of public law corporate bodies.
In monetary and financial issues, it notably assumes:
- the management of the internal and external public debt;
- the management of the public treasury;
- the follow-up of monetary co-operation;
- the follow-up of OHADA (Organisation for the Harmonization of Business Law in Africa) files in collaboration with the Ministry of Justice and the other competent government departments;
- the control of external finance, currency and the regulation of foreign exchange;
- the follow-up and control of banks, insurance companies and financial markets;
- the follow-up of matters of the International Monetary Fund.
Within the framework of its missions, the Ministry of Finance supervises the following institutions :
- The issuing Institution (BEAC)
- Banks and insurance companies
- the National Centre for Computer Development (CENADI)
- the Autonomous Sinking Fund\’ (CAA)
- the Cameroon Debt Recovery Corporation (SRC).